Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Low GL robust root soup. I like to garnish this soup with a little parsley and serve it with a slice of dark rye bread.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- Fry onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pan for a few minutes until softened.
- Add all the root vegetables and cook for about 10 minutes until softened.
- Add ginger and chili flakes and cover with vegetable sock.
- Cook for 10 minutes, blend and serve.