1 hr 25 mins
In ‘The Complete Southern Cookbook’ by Tammy Allgood
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a 1-quart baking dish and set aside.
- 3In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, around 8 minutes.
- 4Drain on paper towels and crumble when cool enough to handle; set aside.
- 5Increase the heat to med-high and sauté the onions in the drippings about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- 6In a mixing bowl, stir together the bacon, onions, pork and beans, root beer, barbecue sauce, mustard, and hot sauce; blend well.
- 7Transfer to the prepared dish.
- 8Bake, uncovered, 55 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Root of the Matter Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 839.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 9.6 g