Recipe by Glori-B
After a hectic few weeks of sandwiches and energy bars, I was longing for some "real food." So I started chopping and this is the result. My toughest critic, aka Mr. Wonderful, fell in love all over again. (We'll have to do this more often!)
- 2 lbs parsnips, cleaned chopped into 1-inch lengths
- 1 lb carrot, cleaned and chopped into 1-inch lengths
- 2 lbs turnips, cleaned and chopped into 8ths
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, Grade B preferred
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine prepared parsnips, turnips, carrots as well as olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well to thoroughly coat the veggies with oil, salt & pepper.
- Put in heated oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until fork tender, turning about every 15 minutes.
- Combine vinegar and syrup together, set aside.
- When veggies are fork tender, drizzle the vinegar - maple over all and turn to coat veggies. Alternatively, you could remove the veggies from the oven, dump in a large bowl or pot, add the maple - vinegar and toss well to coat; then replace in the oven for an additional 7 minutes for the glaze to develop and the veggies to brown. Whichever is easier -- I'm all about easy ;).
- When done, serve and enjoy! Goes well with beef, chicken or lamb. Also makes a great vegetarian meal when served with a pasta or grain.