Recipe by Chef Kirk W.
This was a mix of all the other recipies I found on the web. I learned that there was not exact method for making Root Beer, so I took what I thought was the best from every recipe. I have made it a few times and every one raves about it. I have also considered adding vanilla, so if you are feeling creative add some of that.
- 1 lb unbleached cane sugar, per gal. water
- 1 tablespoon root beer extract, per gal. water
- 1⁄2 lb dry ice, per gal. water
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water and sugar to a boil, remove from heat and add Root Beer flavoring.
- Cool then add dry ice approx 1 hour before serving.
- The cane sugar gives it a creamy flavor. I have not experimented with other different Root Beer flavorings, but I hear you can get different kinds at brewery supply stores, or on the internet -- I got mine from the local grocery store (its near the seasonings and flavorings).