Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I created after trying another root beer marinade. I tried this one on pork, chicken and beef but is best with pork. It will not have a strong root beer flavor and is fun to tell people you used root beer as the secret ingredient
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soya sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can root beer
- 3 peeled and diced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan simmer at medium heat for several minutes until it comes to a boil.
- Stir constantly.
- Cool off and pour on desired product.
I hate to be the first to write a review and knock a recipe but I'm trying to be as honest as possible. My wife and I tried this on pork chops last night. I like root beer, spicy food, and marinaded meat so this sounded like a great recipe to try. The marinade wasn't bad it just wasn't good. I followed the directions to the letter and marinated 3 pork chops for 4 hours in a vacuum marinator. The marinade didn't have a lot of flavor other than heat and I would not use it again.