OOO- La la! Also simple!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (12 ounce) bottles root beer (I use diet)
- 1/4 cup sugar (I use Splenda)
- 1Bring root beer and sugar (or Splenda) to a boil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat.
- 2Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes or until mixture has reduced by 3/4 and is syrupy.
- 3Remove from heat and allow syrup to cool to room temperature.
- 4Serve on top of vanilla ice cream.( I use no sugar added ice cream).
- 5Serving suggestion: top with crushed hard root beer candy, whipped cream and a cherry.
- 6I think I shall try this with Diet Orange Cream Soda also!
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Root Beer Syrup for Ice Cream Sundae
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 33.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 39.7 g
- Protein 0.0 g