Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
OOO- La la! Also simple!
Make and share this Root Beer Syrup for Ice Cream Sundae recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (12 ounce) bottles root beer (I use diet)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (I use Splenda)
- Bring root beer and sugar (or Splenda) to a boil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes or until mixture has reduced by 3/4 and is syrupy.
- Remove from heat and allow syrup to cool to room temperature.
- Serve on top of vanilla ice cream.( I use no sugar added ice cream).
- Serving suggestion: top with crushed hard root beer candy, whipped cream and a cherry.
- I think I shall try this with Diet Orange Cream Soda also!