Recipe by Kellie in SLO
I don't remember where I got this recipe from, but it makes a unique and flavorful side dish for pork.
- 4 large granny smith apples
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 cups root beer (soda)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Core, peel and cut apples into four wedges.
- Cut four slices per wedge.
- Combine brown sugar, root beer, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ground cloves in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir frequently.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch with a little water to make a thin paste.
- When the mix in the saucepan starts boiling, add cornstarch mixture and mix well.
- Add the apples and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for ten minutes, stirring frequently.