Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe from, but it makes a unique and flavorful side dish for pork.
- Core, peel and cut apples into four wedges.
- Cut four slices per wedge.
- Combine brown sugar, root beer, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ground cloves in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir frequently.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch with a little water to make a thin paste.
- When the mix in the saucepan starts boiling, add cornstarch mixture and mix well.
- Add the apples and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for ten minutes, stirring frequently.