Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Root Beer Pulled Pork
Make and share this Root Beer Pulled Pork recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pork tenderloin (about 375g each)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups root beer (not diet)
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (whatever your favorite is)
- 6 large kaiser rolls
- Place the pork and onion in the slow cooker. Pour the root beer over the Pork, cover and cook on LOW until well cooked and pork shreds easily, usually 8-10 hours.
- Drain well and discard the extra root beer. Stir in the bbq sauce after pulling the pork. cook on low for another 1 hour till the bbq sauce heats through the meat.
This is delicious! I chopped the onion and cooked the pork on high for almost 6 hours. It was perfect! I used less sauce (personal preference) and served the pork on large Kaiser rolls. This was perfectly accompanied with fresh coleslaw. Made for my adopted chef for Fall PAC 2011. Thanks Teriffic! :)
This was good. I took another reviewer's advice and kept the BBQ sauce just for topping (and used a lot less).
Wonderful! This was such an easy and delicious way to prepare pulled pork. I sliced the onion and cooked on low for 6 hours, when it was already falling apart. As we have a variety of preferences on type of bbq sauce, I served the pork as-is and put out all the different sauces from which to choose. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '11