1/2 Photos of Root Beer Pot Roast
3 hrs 10 mins
Melissa Spangler's Note:
This recipe is from the October 2004 issue of Southern Living. It's a different twist to the usual pot roast. My kids & picky husband loved it served with mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle roast evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion. Remove Dutch oven from heat.
- 3Stir together remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, root beer, chili sauce and garlic until blended. Pour root beer mixture over roast mixture in Dutch oven.
- 4Bake covered at 300 degrees for 3 hours or until tender.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Root Beer Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.1
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 1143.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 50.0 g