Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Root Beer Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup Bisquick or 1 cup jiffy pancake and waffle mix
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon shortening or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup root beer
- Put pancake mix in bowl.
- Beat in egg and shortening.
- Beat in root beer until ingredients are moistened.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto hot, greased griddle.
- Flip over when bubbles appear on surface.
- Makes 10-12 thin pancakes.
- Reduce liquid by 1 oz for thicker pancakes.
I wonder if there is an error in this recipe. I followed as instructed and batter was way to thin. I didn't measure, but I think 2 cups of Bisquick might be a better amount. They were quite yummy, though!