One of those unique recipes from a 1935 cook book.
Make and share this Root Beer Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- Combine all ingredients except pectin.
- Heat to boiling stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add pectin.
- Stir constantly to bring to a boil and boil hard for 30 seconds.
- Ladle into clean hot jars and process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.
- *Note-this came out of a 1935 cookbook and there was no processing time-just seal.
- Go with the 5 minutes folks.
- Also, you can use cola or cream soda if you like-they work best. Maybe even Dr. Pepper!