Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of those unique recipes from a 1935 cook book.
Make and share this Root Beer Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- Combine all ingredients except pectin.
- Heat to boiling stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add pectin.
- Stir constantly to bring to a boil and boil hard for 30 seconds.
- Ladle into clean hot jars and process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.
- *Note-this came out of a 1935 cookbook and there was no processing time-just seal.
- Go with the 5 minutes folks.
- Also, you can use cola or cream soda if you like-they work best. Maybe even Dr. Pepper!
As strange as this recipe may sound, my curiousity overcame me, and I had to try it. My whole family loves this jelly. It is great put on waffles, or on PBJ sandwiches. Try it! It's great!
I was making fruit jam when I came across this recipe. I just had to try it. It came out wonderful. I am planning to make several batches of this recipe, the candy apple jelly recipe and the banana marmilade recipe to give to friends for christmas with a half gallon of ice cream.
This is a really great recipe. My batch only ended up making 1 1/2 pints on my first try, but I will definately try again.