Prep 7 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cook Time = the time it takes to freeze 1 quart of ice cream in my machine.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon mc cormick root beer concentrate (or other brand)
- 1 pinch salt
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until sugar dissolves.
- Refrigerate mixture until well chilled (1-4 hours).
- Pour chilled mixture into ice cream machine.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- After the ice cream is made, transfer to an airtight container, press a layer of plastic wrap on to the surface of the ice cream, cover tightly with the container lid.
- Place container in freezer until ready to serve.