Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Found this on a food blog
Make and share this Root Beer Float Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup root beer (Soda)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons root beer extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a dozen cupcake tins with papers.
- Combine the soda and vinegar and let stand for a few minutes. Add in the sugar and oil, whisking vigorously until slightly frothy. Integrate your extracts, and gently introduce the flour, along with the baking powder / soda, and salt, being careful not to over mix. Distributing the batter evenly between the prepared tins, fill cupcake liners approximately 3/4 of the way to the top. Bake for about 18 - 22 minutes.
- Allow them to cool completely before proceeding to frost with ganache or whatever you please.