Andrew Mollmann's Note:
Modified this recipe to be GF with great success: http://www.recipezaar.com/Root-Beer-Float-Cookies-57007 The cookies have the most perfect texture. Can substitute 1/4 cup skim milk + 1/4 Tbsp vinegar for the buttermilk. *The flour mixture I used is Bette Hagman's Bean mix: 2 parts garfava bean flour, 1 part sorghum flour, 3 parts cornstarch, and 3 parts tapioca flour. Feel free to experiment with your own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening, butter flavored
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon root beer extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- 3In a large bowl combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, shortening, buttermilk, egg, root beer extract and vanilla.
- 4Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- 5Add flour mixture, baking soda and salt.
- 6Beat on low speed until dough forms.
- 7Drop by heaping teaspoonful 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- 8Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- 9In a mixing bowl combine frosting ingredients beat at low speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- 10Once cookies are cool, spread frosting evenly over cookies.
- 11Let dry completely before storing in container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Root Beer Float Cookies (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 48.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: