Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
America's favorite beverage in a delicious cookie.
Make and share this Root Beer Float Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup finely crushed root beer flavored hard candies (about 10 candies)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 eggs
Root Beer Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 -5 teaspoons root beer or 4 -5 teaspoons milk
- additional finely crushed root beer flavored decorative candies, if desired
- Heat oven to 350* Grease cookie sheet with shortening. Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, or mix with a spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients except Root Beer glaze items and additional candies.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched in center and edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients with spoon until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies. Sprinkle with additional crushed candies if desired.