2 hrs 33 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is great! Make sure you wait until you’re ready to serve before adding the crushed root beer candy. The prep time includes cooling time. Oh yeah, this is great with a cold glass of root beer on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package Betty Crocker super moist white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Root Beer Spiced Whipping Cream
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- 2Beat cake mix, water, oil, and egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds; move to medium speed for 2 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of batter.
- 3To the reserved batter, add the allspice and cinnamon; stir and set aside. Pour remaining batter into pan.
- 4Drop the reserved batter by tablespoons all around the batter in the pan (about 12 to 14 mounds); swirl the batter together in an “S” shape.
- 5Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely for 1 hour. After cake is cooled, make frosting.
- 6Beat all the ingredients of the frosting together in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Frost the cake. Just before serving, sprinkle each piece with crushed root beer candies. Store covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Root Beer Float Cake W. Root Beer Spiced Whipped Cream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.1
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 246.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: