Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is soooo good. My kids love it!
Make and share this Root Beer Float Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can root beer (I prefer A & W)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons root beer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, can of root beer, oil and eggs until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Test for doneness.
- Cool for 15 minutes; then turn out onto rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the glaze: Mix the confectioners' sugar with the 3 tablespoons of root beer until smooth.
- Poke holes with a skewer or wooden pick at 2 inch intervals and pour glaze over cake.
- Perfection when served with vanilla ice cream.
Okay, I have been baking for 35 years, but I admit, it is not my strong point. I made this, carefully following the directions. The batter seemed loose, filled the bundt pan, I baked it, tested it with a piece of spaghetti, and it came not out clean, but with crumbs on it. I took it out, placed it on a rack and let it rest in the pan for 15 minutes as advised. When I came back, it had shrunk to half its size! I removed it from the pan, and although it looked cute, it was tiny. When I cut it, it was squishy in the middle. It tasted good, just strange texture. <br/>So, did anyone else have this experiance?
I made this cake for a graduation party, the honoree is an avid fan of root beer. Everyone complimented the cake and there was none left over by the end of the party. It is a good, moist cake, however I wish the root beer flavoring was a bit more pronounced. I may use more rootbeer in the glaze next time...
This is a very good and extremely simple cake to make - great for me as baking is not my forte. I made this cake in a regular 9x13 pan and served it with coconut ice cream. It is true, the root beer flavor is not very pronounced, but it sure smelled great while baking - I had to steal a piece before the guests arrived!