Top Review by *Z*
This is a nice cake. It has a good texture but it is very light on the root beer flavor. The frosting is the most root beer flavored thing. It tastes like the foam of a root beer float. It's good, it's just not very root beer flavored. Maybe the addition of root beer extract would bump up the flavor a bit.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups cold root beer, divided
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 envelope whipped dessert topping mix
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, 1 1/4 cup root beer, oil and eggs.
- Beat on low speed for 2 minutes or stir by hand for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30- 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the whipped topping and remaining root beer.
- Beat until soft peaks form.
- Frost cake.
- Store in refrigerator.