True Texas's Note:
From Pillsbury Super Moist Cake Mix Recipes. This looks really good. It says for a fun soda fountain touch, insert half of a plastic straw into each piece of cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (Betty Crocker Supermoist preferred)
- 1 (12 ounce) can root beer (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon root beer concentrate (or flavored syup) or 1 teaspoon root beer flavored syrup (or flavored syup)
- 1 (1 lb) container vanilla frosting (Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy preferred)
- 1/2 cup crushed root beer flavored hard candies (about 10)
- 1Heat oven to 350F (325 for dark or nonstick pan).
- 2Spray bottom only of 13 x 9-inch baking spray with flour. (For maximum cake height, keep baking spray off the sides of the pan. The cake will climb the sides of the pan better.
- 3In large bowl, beat cake mix, root beer, oil and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds.
- 4Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 5Pour into prepared pan.
- 6Bake 28 to 36 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center come out clean.
- 7Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 8Stir root beer concentrate into frosting.
- 9Spread over cake just before serving, sprinkle with crushed candies.
- 10Candies will begin to melt if sprinkled on frosting for longer than 1 to 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Root Beer Float Cake
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.8
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 371.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
root beer concentrate
root beer flavored hard candies