Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Pillsbury Super Moist Cake Mix Recipes. This looks really good. It says for a fun soda fountain touch, insert half of a plastic straw into each piece of cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (Betty Crocker Supermoist preferred)
- 1 (12 ounce) can root beer (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon root beer concentrate (or flavored syup) or 1 teaspoon root beer flavored syrup (or flavored syup)
- 1 (1 lb) container vanilla frosting (Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed root beer flavored hard candies (about 10)
- Heat oven to 350F (325 for dark or nonstick pan).
- Spray bottom only of 13 x 9-inch baking spray with flour. (For maximum cake height, keep baking spray off the sides of the pan. The cake will climb the sides of the pan better.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, root beer, oil and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 28 to 36 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center come out clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Stir root beer concentrate into frosting.
- Spread over cake just before serving, sprinkle with crushed candies.
- Candies will begin to melt if sprinkled on frosting for longer than 1 to 3 hours.