Recipe by looneytunesfan
Break additional root beer candy sticks in half and insert into each serving of cake to look like a straw.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup root beer
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 root beer flavored candy sticks, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*. Grease bottom and side of 8 or 9 inch round pan with nonstick cooking spray; lightly flour.
- Beat all ingredients except whipped topping in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Cut cake horizontally to make 2 layers. Spread about half of the whipped topping over bottom of vake. Add top of cake. top with remaining whipped topping. Store covered in refrigerator.