Recipe by Mistress K. Darq-Chylde
Mouth watering and unforgettable! So much easier to take to gatherings than root beer floats. Big hits at bake sales and company parties. Taken from Taste of Home: Best Loved Cookies & Bars 2008
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 473.18 ml packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 3.69 ml root beer concentrate
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 354.88 ml chopped pecans (optional)
Frosting or Glaze
- 828.06 ml confectioners' sugar
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 44.37 ml water
- 6.16 ml root beer concentrate
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in buttermilk and root beer concentrate.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in pecans. (optional).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Frost cooled cookies.