Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mouth watering and unforgettable! So much easier to take to gatherings than root beer floats. Big hits at bake sales and company parties. Taken from Taste of Home: Best Loved Cookies & Bars 2008
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 473.18 ml packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 3.69 ml root beer concentrate
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 354.88 ml chopped pecans (optional)
Frosting or Glaze
- 828.06 ml confectioners' sugar
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 44.37 ml water
- 6.16 ml root beer concentrate
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in buttermilk and root beer concentrate.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in pecans. (optional).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Frost cooled cookies.