Recipe by Mistress K. Darq-Chylde
Mouth watering and unforgettable! So much easier to take to gatherings than root beer floats. Big hits at bake sales and company parties. Taken from Taste of Home: Best Loved Cookies & Bars 2008
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon root beer concentrate
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
Frosting or Glaze
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons root beer concentrate
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in buttermilk and root beer concentrate.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in pecans. (optional).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Frost cooled cookies.