Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 8 mins
This is a Watkins recipe. Cook time includes refrigeration time.
Make and share this Root Beer Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons watkins root beer extract
- 1 teaspoon watkins original double-strength vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, if desired
ROOT BEER FROSTING
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon watkins root beer extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, and egg in a bowl; beat until fluffy.
- Stir in buttermilk, Root Beer Flavor, Vanilla, flour, baking soda, and salt; mix until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets about 2-inches apart.
- Bake at 375°F for 6 to 8 minutes.
- To make rootbeer frosting: Mix together sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in Root Beer Flavor and enough water to make a smooth frosting.
- Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
- Frost with Root Beer Frosting.
The cookies were very good, the recipe didn't make 42, I only got about 28 cookies. Easy to make. My 12 y.o. son was able to follow the recipe.