1 hr 13 mins
1 hr 8 mins
This is a Watkins recipe. Cook time includes refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons watkins root beer extract
- 1 teaspoon watkins original double-strength vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, if desired
ROOT BEER FROSTING
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Combine brown sugar, butter, and egg in a bowl; beat until fluffy.
- 3Stir in buttermilk, Root Beer Flavor, Vanilla, flour, baking soda, and salt; mix until smooth.
- 4Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- 5Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets about 2-inches apart.
- 6Bake at 375°F for 6 to 8 minutes.
- 7To make rootbeer frosting: Mix together sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in Root Beer Flavor and enough water to make a smooth frosting.
- 8Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
- 9Frost with Root Beer Frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Root Beer Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.7
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 74.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g