- 1 (12 ounce) bottle root beer
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs ready-peeled baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, bring ½ cup water, the root beer, sugar, cinnamon, cumin, cloves and salt to a boil.
- Add the carrots. Return to a boil, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and boil until tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the thyme. Serve.