Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Everyday with Rachael Ray
Make and share this Root Beer Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle root beer
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs ready-peeled baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- In a large skillet, bring ½ cup water, the root beer, sugar, cinnamon, cumin, cloves and salt to a boil.
- Add the carrots. Return to a boil, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and boil until tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the thyme. Serve.
This is a great recipe. My son, who hates carrots, asked for more. Now that I've made it several times, I leave out the cumin and cut back a little on the cloves. Highly recommend for something different!
This recipe is delicious! I halved it for the two of us and used chopped fresh carrots. Definitely a keeper!
This was very good! I think it would be a great way to get kids to eat their veggies! It almost tastes more like candy than carrots!