Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Yummy cake from the Minneapolis/St. Paul Star-Tribune.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup root beer (not diet)
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons root beer (not diet)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Blend butter and eggs.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Fold in flour mixture with root beer. Do not overbeat.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Frost when cool.
- To make frosting:.
- Mix ingredients until smooth. If too thick, add more root beer. If too thin, add more powdered sugar until you get a consistency that is easy to spread.