Recipe by Cathy17
This is a great BBQ sauce which is quick and easy to make! Use it on grilled chicken, steak, ribs, pork or burgers! Your kids will love it!
Top Review by Thedeath458
I found the sauce to be nice and BBQ like, however, there wasn't a really strong flavor of Rootbeer or any other flavorings that went it. However, it is still good, and easy to make!
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mild-flavored light molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger, from jar (I use this)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic, from jar (I use this)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (if you like thicker sauce) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in heavy medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 20 minutes.
- If sauce isn't desired personal preference thickness, add some cornstarch mixed in water to thicken it up.
- Cool slightly.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- (Can be made 2 weeks ahead; keep refrigerated.).