Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This was a delightful switch from my normal bbq sauce. The flavor is a bit different, but different in a great way. The leftover sauce can be stored in the fridge to use later. Shock your friends and let them try to guess that "secret ingredient"!
- 2000.0 ml bottle root beer
- 354.88 ml apple cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml yellow mustard
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml Tabasco sauce
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml cold unsalted butter
- Reduce the root beer to 1 cup over medium heat in a large saucepan -- this takes about one hour.
- Add the Apple Cider Vinegar, ketchup, Yellow Mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire Sauce, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Stir well and simmer for twenty minutes.
- Finish the sauce by whisking in the cold butter for extra body and flavor.
I did not care for this recipe very much.The Vinegar and mustard totally took over the sauce.I was Looking for a more root beer flavor.The next time i make this recipe i will try deleting either the vinegar or the mustard
Great and very vinegar-y and sweet! I made it for a bbq while camping and everybody just loved it! It's definitely more liquid-y than I thought, but the taste is great.
I made this last night and it was wonderful! I don't think I'll use any other recipe. The only change I made was to use salted butter b/c I didn't have unsalted. Thanks for posting this recipe!!