Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This was a delightful switch from my normal bbq sauce. The flavor is a bit different, but different in a great way. The leftover sauce can be stored in the fridge to use later. Shock your friends and let them try to guess that "secret ingredient"!
Top Review by mjl666
I did not care for this recipe very much.The Vinegar and mustard totally took over the sauce.I was Looking for a more root beer flavor.The next time i make this recipe i will try deleting either the vinegar or the mustard
- 1 (2 liter) bottle root beer
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Reduce the root beer to 1 cup over medium heat in a large saucepan -- this takes about one hour.
- Add the Apple Cider Vinegar, ketchup, Yellow Mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire Sauce, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Stir well and simmer for twenty minutes.
- Finish the sauce by whisking in the cold butter for extra body and flavor.