Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Great slow cooker recipe.
- 1 (4 lb) boneless beef rump roast
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 dash salt and pepper, if desired
- 16 sandwich buns, split
- In 3-1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, place beef. In 4-cup measuring cup or bowl, mix 1-1/2 cups of the barbecue sauce and the root beer; pour over beef.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting 10 to 12 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, remove beef from slow cooker; place on large plate. Pour juices from slow cooker into 12-inch skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until juices are thickened and reduced to about 3 cups. Meanwhile, shred beef with 2 forks; return to slow cooker.
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup barbecue sauce into reduced juices in skillet; pour over shredded beef in slow cooker. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Spoon about 1/2 cup beef mixture into each bun.
Very easy and Very good!! I used a beef rump roast, but next time I might try chicken. I think pork, beef or chicken would be good!
Oh, these are WONDERFUL! Gobbled up quickly at every place I've ever brought them and oh-so-easy, to boot! I used boneless pork, so I don't know how this tastes with beef, but I'm sure it's equally delicious. Also, I didn't add the salt and pepper; it seemed plenty flavorful to us. :)