Recipe by AMyersATX
Easy to transform canned baked beans into amazing baked beans by stirring in root beer and a few other magic ingredients! The 15 minute prep time might make this a family (and cook) favorite!
- 3 bacon, slices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 (907.18 g) can pork and beans
- 118.29 ml root beer (not diet)
- 59.14 ml hickory-smoked barbecue sauce
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 0.59 ml hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
Directions See How It's Made
- While raw, chop bacon into small bits. I typically just stack and chop the slices I'm going to use. Place in skillet over medium heat and cook until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towel, reserving 2 Tablespoons bacon drippings in skillet.
- Saute onion in hot bacon drippings until tender. Stir together bacon, onion, beans and remaining seasonings and place in 1 quart baking dish.
- Bake beans, uncovered, at 400F for 55 minutes or until sauce is thickened.