Some of the best ever. Fantastic with spicy mustard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, mustard, baking powder and salt, mixing well.
- 2Add the milk, egg and shortening, mixing until very smooth.
- 3Pour the mixture into a tall glass.
- 4Put the frankfurters on sticks.
- 5Dip them into the cornmeal batter to coat them evenly.
- 6Deep fry in oil heated to 375 degrees until golden brown, about two minutes.
- 7Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roorda Electric Iowa Corn Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.9
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 112.6 mg
- Sodium 1567.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 17.7 g