Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Some of the best ever. Fantastic with spicy mustard.
Make and share this Roorda Electric Iowa Corn Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, mustard, baking powder and salt, mixing well.
- Add the milk, egg and shortening, mixing until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass.
- Put the frankfurters on sticks.
- Dip them into the cornmeal batter to coat them evenly.
- Deep fry in oil heated to 375 degrees until golden brown, about two minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
Middle of November and I was craving "Carnival food," I doubled the recipe, but I had no skewers or dry mustard. These came out great anyway. Next time, and there will be a next time, I will add the dry mustard.
My son and his friend loved the crust on this.