Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Some of the best ever. Fantastic with spicy mustard.
Make and share this Roorda Electric Iowa Corn Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, mustard, baking powder and salt, mixing well.
- Add the milk, egg and shortening, mixing until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass.
- Put the frankfurters on sticks.
- Dip them into the cornmeal batter to coat them evenly.
- Deep fry in oil heated to 375 degrees until golden brown, about two minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
Middle of November and I was craving "Carnival food," I doubled the recipe, but I had no skewers or dry mustard. These came out great anyway. Next time, and there will be a next time, I will add the dry mustard.
My son and his friend loved the crust on this.