Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Hot chicken chili quick and easy to prepare!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 ounces diced jalapeno peppers (1 can)
- 4 ounces chopped green chili peppers (1 can)
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, pureed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (14.5 oz)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans (15 oz)
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion, and cook until tender.
- Mix in the garlic, jalapeno, green chili peppers, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and cilantro.
- Continue to cook the mixture until tender (about 3 minutes).
- Mix in the chicken broth, chipotle, lime, chicken, and white beans.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from heat.
- Serve warm and topped with the shredded cheese. Makes 6-8 servings.
- Warning – This dish is VERY HOT!