1/1 Photo of Rooibos, Fresh Apple, Ginger and Lemon Iced Tea
2 hrs 10 mins
You'll need a good juicer. Rooibos (redbush) is a herb-type plant that only thrives in the Cederberg mountain area, about 200 kms north of Cape Town, South Africa. Its health properties have been increasingly studied and confirmed in recent years and the tea (tisane, or infusion) of rooibos has become popular in Western countries and is available in the herbal tea section of many supermarkets as well as specialty health stores. Babies that grow up in South Africa are often fed rooibos tea from the bottle. It is high in antioxidants and micro-nutrients, and contains no caffeine. Since I live near to where rooibos is grown and I have a newfound love affair with juicing fresh fruits, I want to share this awesome iced tea, packed full of goodness. You won't need to sweeten this iced tea, since there is so much sweetness and deliciousness in the fresh apple juice. The ginger adds zing and has additional health benefits, and the lemon adds a hint of tartness and of course Vitamin C.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water and pour over rooibos teabags in a teapot or jug. You'll see the lovely red colour developing immediately.
- 2Allow rooibos infusion to cool down and transfer to fridge, with tea bags remaining - you really want to extract the most out of this healthy tea.
- 3Juice apples with ginger and lemon and chill in fridge. (Use freezer for the juice and rooibos to shorten time between making and serving.).
- 4To serve, fill each glass with about two-thirds rooibos and one-third juice, adjusting according to your guest's taste for sweetness. Stir and enjoy this healthy iced rooibos tea!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rooibos, Fresh Apple, Ginger and Lemon Iced Tea
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rooibos tea bags