Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My favorite macaroni salad ever. Easy to make and I always have the ingredients on hand. No weird ingredients that require me to run to the store. I am posting this because i don't want to lose the recipe. It isn't posted on the Ronzoni website. The kids love this one! I don't add as much mayo as they list and you can easily add a handful of frozen/canned peas or corn to make it more colorful and tasty. Tastes better the next day. Cooking time does not include chilling time.
- 1 (16 ounce) boxronzoni elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise or 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red peppers or 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrots or 1 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together mayo, yogurt, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in cooled pasta and remaining ingredients.
- Cover; refrigerate.
I liked this salad.Rose of Sharon