Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the classic back of the box recipe. I usually double the recipe and it still disappears! Make sure you use pasta with the ridges, this holds the sauce the best.
- 0.5 (8 ounce) box ziti pasta
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef (optional) or 3⁄4 lb sausage (optional)
- 3 cups marinara sauce (my favorite is Rao's)
- 1 3⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta.
- In large skillet brown meat (if using) and drain. Add marinara and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella and seasonings.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce and add half of it to a 9x13 baking dish. Then spread the cheese mixture over the pasta.
- Add the remaining pasta and top with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5 minutes until hot and bubbly and cheese is golden brown.
this was an easy awesome recipe!! My husband went back for seconds. I used vodka sauce and a whole box of Barilla pasta.
Very good pasta dish. I made half a recipe using my own pasta sauce and added a few meatballs.<br/>I needed to cook longer than stated, it was still cool inside not hot. Should have put our plates in the microwave to finish heating.
This baked Ziti is sooo good! A big hit in our family and easy to make.