Recipe by Chef Ronald R.
This is another great bread recipe, easy to make with a fantastic end result. I mix everything together and process in my bread machine on the dough cycle.
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Crisco
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄8 cups warm water (2 tbsp= 1/8 cup)
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the first six ingredients, cream of tartar, sugar, salt, crisco, egg and milk to the bread pan.
- next add warm (not hot) water
- now gently pour flour on top water.
- make a small indentation in the center of the flour and add your yeast.
- add pan to bread machine and pocess on dough cycle.
- remove from bread machine after completing cycle and shape in to loaf and place in lightly oiled bread pan.
- cover with light weight dish towel and let raise in a draft free warm area until double in size.
- place in 350 degree preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- since most ovens vary in heat it may take a little longer to reach the golden brown stage.
- if you mix by hand, let dough raise until it doubles then punch down and place in bread pans following the above instructions.