Recipe by Nana Lee
Outrageously delicious! This cake is why God made Bundt pans! Moist and flavorful and just the least little bit wicked. A very special dessert.
Top Review by GypsyAnn
I didn't realize I didn't leave comments when I rated this 5 stars -- which it truly is 5 BIG STARS! My husband loved it and I will definitely make it again soon. Thanks so much!!
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup light rum
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325º F. and grease and flour a Bundt cake pan.
- Spread the pecans over the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs until they are a light lemon color.
- Add the cake mix, pudding mix, water, vegetable oil, and rum. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Toward the end of the cake’s baking, make the glaze.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the butter, sugar, water and rum to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture continue to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- While the cake is still warm, poke small holes in the top with a carving fork and pour the hot glaze over the cake.
- Let the cake sit for an hour before serving to absorb the glaze.
- Glaze the cake a second time.
- An hour after applying the first glaze, melt 4 tablespoons unsalted butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in 1 cup light brown sugar, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup light rum.
- Bring this to a boil and stir until it has thickened.
- Pour the hot glaze over the cake and let it sit for another hour before serving.