Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
This Sauce is a favorite of my husbands. I usually server over pasta with some chicken I grilled on the George Forman Grill. Makes for a quick meal
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 -6 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1 dash nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- Melt butter with cream in a large saucepan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes after butter has melted.
- Add cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- Serve over favorite pasta.
- Add cooked chicken or shrimp if desired.
This sauce was very good and easy. I made it to go over some store bought ravioli, chicken and broccoli. It turned out great! The ravioli had a lot of flavor in it so the sauce didn't really need anything extra this time. However, if I were to make this to go over pasta, I would add some garlic and maybe some parsley or something. This is a great basic recipe with lots of room for tweaking. Thanks!