Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love prosciutto, portabella mushroom and cheese together so I came up with this easy dish that would impress your guests. Skinless, boneless chicken breasts are stuffed with prosciutto and provolone cheese and browned and then baked in a delicious portabella mushroom sauce flavored with white wine and Dijon mustard. I served this with orzo and a nice green salad.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter, separated
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup garlic and butter flavored crouton (I used Marzetti)
- Pound chicken breasts thin.
- Layer prosciutto and cheese on top of chicken.
- Add tarragon and chives and salt and pepper.
- Roll up and secure with twine.
- Heat a large heavy skillet (I prefer iron) and pour in 2 TB olive oil and add 1 TB butter until sizzling but donot burn the butter.
- Add chicken breasts and brown on all sides.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil and butter in the same skillet and saute the onions and mushrooms until the onions are soft.
- Add chicken broth, wine and Dijon mustard and return the chicken rollups to the skillet.
- Crush the croutons in a food processor and add to sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.