Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a simple and delicious breakfast or brunch dish, and looks delightful on the buffet table. Also good with diced cooked bacon and sliced mushrooms added. Note: due to the salt in the cheeses, no additional salt should be necessary in the cooking process. My picky DH and I created this for RSC #11.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 1 quart shallow casserole pan or quiche pan with 1 tablespoon of the butter (or use the cooking spray).
- Drain and quarter artichokes and place in the prepared pan.
- Cover artichokes with the grated cheeses.
- In small pan, sauté shallots with a tablespoon of the butter until the shallots become tender, about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- In medium bowl, beat milk and eggs together with a fork. Add in the sautéed shallots and stir to combine.
- Pour milk, egg, and shallot mixture over the artichokes and cheeses.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes, or until set.
Fantastic!! Took about 35 minutes to set. Used smoked gouda that added a very nice touch as well as Trader Joe's Creamy Toscano Cheese~a blend of parm & farmstead cheddar. Didn't have milk so I used half and half, don't think it hurt the recipe. LOL Definitely a keeper mersaydees!
This is a very nice combination of ingredients. I cooked mine as a scramble instead of as a frittata. I also halved the amounts of cheese called for, as a personal preference, and topped it with some freshly diced tomato for a very tasty lunch.
I added sautÃ©ed mushrooms on top of the artichokesâ€¦ other than that I followed the recipe. The recipe ingredient indicated 1 tablespoon of olive oil, but the directions never indicated where to use itâ€¦ so I omitted it. I served this as an appetizer, room temperature, cut into small squares. Very yummy!