Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ronny is the cake guru on the alt food vegan newsgroup. If Ronny says its good, then it is! The prep time takes into account the soaking of the dates overnight.
- Soak the dates in the water overnight, then blend into a syrup.
- Add oil and vanila essence to date syrup.
- Mix the dried fruit and flour together, then add liquid and mashed banana.
- Consistency should be slightly thicker than a normal cake mix, but still easy to mix, so add a splash more water if necessary.
- Pour into an oiled rectangular bread tin.
- Bake at gas mark 4 (180C/350F) for an hour.
- Top should be golden brown and a skewer inserted should come out clean.