Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Top Secret Recipes Clone of the well-known cheese spread found in the deli section of your market. Use as a dip for raw vegetables or as a spread on sandwiches, burgers and wraps. Don't over mix this version or you will destroy the fluffiness of the whipped cheese. From www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 1 (12 ounce) containerphiladelphia whipped cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely minced fresh garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- Gently stir garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and onion powder into whipped cream cheese.
- Store the spread in your fridge for at least a couple hours.
- Overnight is even better.
- Stir once before serving.
Fantastic recipe - I use herb to provence instead if the Italian seasoning
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book entitled "Top Secret Recipes: Super Secret Restaurant Collection" (Penguin/Putnam 2006)