Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Rice,Cheese, Green Chilie Casserole. I'm posting this for the 2008 Election Eats Tag.
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups rice (cooked)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces green chilies (whole or canned)
- 2 cups colby cheese or 2 cups longhorn cheese, shredded
- Saute onion in butter until limp, add rice,cottage cheese, bay leaf, salt & pepper, mix well.
- In a greased casserole dish, layer rice mixture, chilies, 1/2 cup cheese; repeat ending with a layer of rice. (reserve 1/3 cup cheese for topping).
- Bake for 25 minute at 375°F; remove from oven top with 1/3 cup cheese and bake 10 minutes longer.
I love this recipe it is so good. It is the perfect comfort food. I love it because there's lots of cheese in it.
I am sorry to say that I was disaptointed.I did use orzo,which we love,but the dish was dry and did not have much flavor,perhaps I did something wrong...but made it just like the recipe says.
I thought this was really good. My DH said it was just okay. I cut the recipe in half and still had a ton leftover. I tried it cold today and thought it was quite good. I'm trying to figure out what to add to serve as a cold salad tomorrow. I like the idea of adding corn I think that would work well. It was quick and easy and I would make it again. Thanks for posting!