- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups rice (cooked)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces green chilies (whole or canned)
- 2 cups colby cheese or 2 cups longhorn cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter until limp, add rice,cottage cheese, bay leaf, salt & pepper, mix well.
- In a greased casserole dish, layer rice mixture, chilies, 1/2 cup cheese; repeat ending with a layer of rice. (reserve 1/3 cup cheese for topping).
- Bake for 25 minute at 375°F; remove from oven top with 1/3 cup cheese and bake 10 minutes longer.