Recipe by cookiedog
This was the winner of Oprah's Sandwich Showdown. Tyler Florence developed this recipe.
- 4 parker house rolls
- 4 slices taleggio
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lb boneless pork shoulder
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1⁄2 cup hard apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin with the pot roast. Cut into 1-inch-thick slices and tie with kitchen twine into circular shapes. Season the pork in hot oil in the base of a pressure cooker. Add the onion, bay leaf and thyme. Brown for 1 minute, then add juice, cider and balsamic. Cover with lid, lock it and pressure cook for 20 minutes until tender.
- Cut buns in half. Lay slices of cheese on the top halves and brown under the broiler until crispy and cheese has melted. Toast the bottom halves, then rub with a garlic clove.
- To assemble, lay a slice of the pot roast on the base. Top with Cranberry-Onion Jam and garnish with a fried sage leaf.