24 hrs 20 mins
Rompope is strong, sweet and meant to be sipped, so small glasses are in order. Refrigerated, it will keep indefinitely. Cook time is for refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon stick (and ground almonds, if you are using them) in a large saucepan.
- 2Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, for 15 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature.
- 5Beat the egg yolks until thick and lemony. Remove the cinnamon stick from the milk mixture, and gradually whisk the egg yolks into the milk mixture.
- 6Return to low heat and, stirring constantly, cook until mixture coats a spoon.
- 7Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- 8Add the rum or brandy to the mixture, stir well.
- 9Transfer to a container and cover tightly.
- 10Refrigerate for 1 or 2 days before serving.
- 11Makes 1-1/2 quarts.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rompope - Mexican Eggnog
Serving Size: 1 (1848 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3002.4
- Calories from Fat 724
- Total Fat 80.4 g
- Saturated Fat 35.7 g
- Cholesterol 2363.2 mg
- Sodium 483.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 251.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 253.2 g
- Protein 60.5 g