Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Spiked eggnog from scratch
- Place almonds in saucepan and cover with water.
- Heat to a boil until you can peel the skin off the almonds.
- Peel all the almonds.
- Place the peeled almonds in a blender with 1/3 cup milk. Blend well.
- In saucepan, heat the remaining milk with the sugar and the blended almonds.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until starts to foam slightly.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat the egg yolks with the rum, and carefully add them little by little, stirring all the while, into the milk mixture. Blend well.
- Let cool and store in a glass bottle.