My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pints sour cream, preferably the richest (with the highest butterfat) you can find
- 11 -12 tablespoons all-purpose flour (to thicken)
- 2 -3 cups milk, hot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- to taste butter, melted (as a garnish)
- to taste sugar (as a garnish)
- to taste ground cinnamon (as a garnish)
- 1Garnishes: melted butter sugar ground cinnamon Place the sour cream in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 2Turn down heat and allow to barely simmer for 1 hour, uncovered, to reduce slightly.
- 3It must not boil.
- 4Use a heat diffuser for this process.
- 5Using a flour sifter or strainer, slowly add enough flour to thicken the cream.
- 6I use about 11-12 Tbsp. for a very thick pudding.
- 7Using a wire whisk, whip in the flour 1 Tbsp. at a time.
- 8The cream will thicken and start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 9If the sour cream is very rich, the butter will now begin to form and rise tot he top.
- 10Remove this with a spoon and set it aside. Stir in enough hot milk to obtain a porridge-like consistency.
- 11Add sugar and salt to taste. Serve in bowls with melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon on top.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rommegrot--Norwegian Christmas Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.7
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 236.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g