You know the pudding is a success when the butterfat rises to the top after the flour is added. From the Minnesota Scandinavian chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Simmer cream and water very slowly, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Combine flour and salt; sift into hot cream, beat until smooth and cook slowly until thick (if any butterfat comes out, remove and save).
- 3Stir in hot milk and beat well.
- 4Pudding should be very smooth and creamy.
- 5Pour into a bowl and make depressions in the top for the reserved butter fat.
- 6Serve hot in dessert dishes with sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romme Gröt - Cream Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.6
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 120.0 mg
- Sodium 264.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.3 g